When you have simple changes to your diet, it might be able to help you in achieving your BBT’s and losing weight completely. It can make you lose weight very fast. There are several things which can make you lose weight very fast but at the same time, leave you feeling deprived and hungry. What is good is losing weight only to regain it again? To ensure that you lose weight and keep it away permanently, it will mean that you lose it slowly. This is something you can do slowly without having to diet or use those special supplements. All you have to do is to ensure that you make some small tweaks to your life.
Taking one pound of fat is equivalent to 3500 pounds. When you shave 500 calories a day using a dietary and modification in exercises, you will be able to lose at least a pound in a week. If you want to maintain your current weight, then shedding 100 calories a day will ensure that you avoid the extra 1 to 2 pounds that most adults gain every year. Adopting such will ensure that you lose weight effortlessly.
Other things that you can do to achieve that include:
- Ensure that you eat breakfast daily: To have the right BBT’s, then you will need to ensure that you take your breakfast daily without having to miss it out. There are those who think that, when they miss breakfast, they will be able to cut on calories but in the process, they end up eating more in the day. If you eat breakfast, you will tend to have a lower BMI as compared to those who skip it. For a quick start of the day, you can start with low-fat dairy with fruit and whole-grain cereal.
- At night, ensure that the kitchen is closed: You should ensure that you establish a time when you will be able to stop eating to avoid giving in to the late-night munchies or snacking while watching television. After your last night meal, brush your teeth to avoid having the temptation of eating again.
- Choose liquid calories very wisely: When you take in more sweetened drinks, they tend to pile on the calories but they don’t end up reducing hunger the way solid foods do. You can try to satisfy your thirst using water. You can sparkle it with skim, citrus, or low-fat milk or just a small portion of 100% fruit juice such as organifi green juice. Try a glass of organifi green juice to hold over if you feel hungry between meals. You should be careful of alcohol calories due to the fact that they add up quickly. If you are fond of taking a glass or two of wine, or a cocktail on some days, you can try and limit the intake to weekends to save on intake of calories.
- Try and eat more produce: When you decide to eat more low calorie, high volume of vegetables and fruits as compared to other types of foods which are high in calories and fats, it will save you a great deal. You can avoid meat and try and eat more vegetables. Or you can try to start dinner or lunch with vegetable salad or a broth-based bowl soup. If you do so, your diet will be enriched with fiber, phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and in case you fill up on super-nutritious produce, you will not require anything else.
- Try out grains: When you substitute whole grains with refined ones like cakes, white bread, pretzels, cookies, and the likes, you add the much-needed fiber and you will feel full faster and thus, you are likely going to eat a more reasonable portion. Choose whole-wheat pasta and bread, bran flakes, brown rice, whole rye crackers, and popcorns.
- Control your environment: For you to cut up on calories, you will need to control your environment. This includes the way you stock your kitchen by ensuring that, what you stock there is a lot of healthy options. When you go to eat out, get to make sure that, you go to the right restaurants. This means that you will need to try and avoid the temptations of being able to go into you can eat all type of restaurants. And when you are invited to parties, you should ensure that, before you go, eat a healthy snack to avoid starving, and making sure that you are selective when you are filling your plate at the buffet. Before you go back for more food, you should wait for at least 15 minutes, and take a glass of water.
- Trim portions: If you reduce your portions by about 10% to 20% in order to reach your BBT’s, then chances are that you will be able to lose weight. Most of the portions which are served at home and in restaurants are bigger than you require. You have option of pulling up the measuring cup so that you get your right portion and try and work towards pairing them down. Use small bowls to instantly get the right portions. You can also use cups and plates. You will not feel deprived due to the fact that the small plate will be full and thus, your mind will be in psych with the notion that, you have more than enough to feed on.